Case of Juman Mountain Forest Fire in 2017
ＱDoes the concentration in river water change before and after forest fire? How did it change by time?
ＡIn the normal water state, it was observed that the concentration in river water was same level as before forest fire by the river water monitoring.
- JAEA has been monitoring the particulate and dissolved radioactive cesium in river water from 2016 around the burned area.
- By comparing the concentration of radioactive cesium (particulate, dissolved) before and after the forest fire, the seasonal change of the concentration was observed, but no change originated from the forest fire was recognized.
- How much did the amount or the concentration of Cs released to river water by forest fire? How did them change by time?
- Any method to evaluate damaged location by the forest fire?
- Do sediment with high radioactive cesium concentration continue to be deposited on river bottoms?
- Is there a continuous input of cesium contamination to rivers from forests?
- When it rains, does radioactive cesium flow out of forests with soil? 【Relationship between the coverage rate of forest floor and flowing rate from forests】