Radioactivity Dynamics in forests
ＱDoes radioactive cesium move from the ground surface to underground or into groundwater? 【Movement in underground water】
ＡRadiation monitoring was conducted in Fukushima Prefecture and surrounding prefectures in 2014. As a result, radioactive cesium was never detected in underground water.
Radiation measurements have been conducted more than 2,200 times in eight prefectures including Fukushima Prefecture. As a result, 134Cs was detected at one spot, and 137Cs was detected at two spots in Fukushima Prefecture in 2011. But the observed concentration was in the order of detection limit of the radiation detector (1 Bq/L). Since 2012, radioactive cesium has not been detected in any spots.
- Does radioactive cesium move from the ground surface to underground or into groundwater? 【Movement in the water flow in the litter layer】
- Does radioactive cesium move from the ground surface to underground or into groundwater? 【Vertical movement in soil】
- Dose the radiocesium discharge ratio from rivers depend on the local environment?
- Where is the radiocesium in river water coming from?
- How much did the amount or the concentration of Cs released to river water by forest fire? How did them change by time?