Radioactivity Dynamics in forests
ＱIs radioactive cesium in forests dispersed by wind? 【Near forests】
ＡEven in the places near forests, air dose rates did not increase by heavy rain or strong wind.
Investigations in Okuma Town, Kawamata Town, and Kawauchi Village, Fukushima Prefecture, have revealed that air dose rates have not increased even on the highest rainfall days or strongest wind days in a year.
In all the above places, decay rates of air dose rates were close to those calculated by physical decay of cesium through year.
- Is radioactive cesium in forests dispersed by wind? 【Airy places】
- Where is radioactive cesium deposited in forests, and how much? How do the locations and amounts change over time?
- Do sediment with high radioactive cesium concentration continue to be deposited on river bottoms?
- Is there a continuous input of cesium contamination to rivers from forests?
- Cs released to the environment by the forest fire?