Effects on Ecosystem
ＱHow is the concentration of radioactive cesium in river fish changing over time?
ＡOn the whole, the concentration of radioactive cesium in river fish has been decreasing over time. But the rate of decrease seems to be slightly lower than that for marine fish.
- As with the radioactive cesium concentration in river water, the concentration in river fish in Fukushima Prefecture is tending to decrease over time.
- Since river fish live in freshwater, they retain salt and minerals in their bodies. Therefore, it is more difficult for cesium to be excreted from river fish compared to marine fish.
- What conditions have influenced the radioactive Cs concentration in freshwater fish?
- What is the source of radiocesium in freshwater fish?
- How much radioactive cesium is released from forests? How much radioactive cesium flows into the sea?
- How much radiation dose is expected for water-based recreational activities?