Radioactivity Dynamics in River System
ＱDo dose rates in riverbeds increase after heavy rains? 【Tendency of the change of air dose rate】
ＡSurface dose rates increase and decrease readily depending upon the deposition and erosion of sediment at specific locations. But on the whole, air dose rates at such locations tend to decrease gradually.
- Investigations in the Ukedo River, Fukushima Prefecture, have revealed that surface dose rates fluctuate at places where cesium readily deposits. Air dose rates are also affected at such spots, but tend to be unaffected over the wider region.
- At all measurement spots, from upstream to downstream along the Ukedo River, averaged values of air dose rates tend to decrease over time.
- Similar tendencies were observed in the other rivers in eartern Fukushima Prefecture (Hamadori District).
- Do dose rates in riverbeds increase after heavy rains? 【Difference between high and low water channels】
- Do dose rates in riverbeds increase after heavy rains? 【Changes of air dose rate in heavy rain】
- When it rains, does radioactive cesium flow out of forests with soil? 【137Cs flow from river basins and mountain slope】
- When it rains, does radioactive cesium flow out of forests with soil? 【Tendency of the change of the 137Cs concentration in soil】
- How much does additional internal dose exposure would be if we assume highest concentration during the fire event was exposed? How harmful for the health?